Searching for...

Friday 22 October 2010

RevGalBlogPals: Friday Five: The Perfect Blendship

RevGalBlogPals: Friday Five: The Perfect Blendship

*If you're ever in a jam, here I am.
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S.
If you're so happy, you land in jail. I'm your bail.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.
When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot.*

I'm thinking a lot about friends these days, the ones who rush to you in times of trouble, with a casserole or a socket wrench or an invitation for coffee or lunch or a trip to the foot sanctuary. We meet friends in school or on the playground or at church or in the workplace and even on the Internet. Even as blogging has experienced some decline, the community here has been strong.* so says Songbird from Rev Gal Blog Pals inviting us to join in today's friendship discussion. care to share your thoughts?

For today's Friday Five, some questions about friendship.

1) Who is the first friend you remember from childhood? my little friend Heather! from across the road, i'm sure we played together daily and still found it hard to part at suppertime.

2) Have you ever received an unexpected gift from a friend? yes ~ a beautiful stained glass creation from friend Vicki ~ LoVeLY! as was the surprise of the gift...

3) Is there an old friend you wish you could find again? once in a while i'll think of some past classmate i'd like to find. i had an interesting find on a trip to my childhood hometown last fall. i was staying in a B&B chatting with the owners who were teachers. they wondered who my teachers were when i lived there. when i mentioned my grade one teacher they knew her. the next morning i was browsing the book market when my B&B host walked up with a lovely woman & introduced me to my first grade teacher! it was delightful! and she knew me! she remembered me from class & i was able to share favourite memories of times with her. great memory..

Or have you found one via social media or the Internet? i have found several friends via internet. one was a vicar who invited me to stay when i planned my first visit to the uk. i spent a week living with and learning her innovative worship that introduced me to the worship i currently lead. plus others through the blogs and several rev gals that are friendships developed through the internet.

4) Do you like to get your good friends together in a group, or do you prefer your friends one on one? i love the depth of one on one.

5) Does the idea of Jesus as a friend resonate with you? absolutely! i couldn't live without His friendship and depth of relationship...

4 comments:

Micki said...

Friends are so important! I enjoyed your post!
Micki

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

thx Micki! and i'd have to say you're one of the friends made online! your spirit of generosity & hospitality is lovely. i am honoured...

Rebecca said...

Great post about friendship-I'm lucky to know Jesus and have his never-ending love! I'm visiting from Pink Saturday-Hope you have a great Weekend!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

thx Rebecca!
i've dropped you a note on your PS post...

Related Posts with Thumbnails