Searching for...

Thursday 21 January 2016

A WINTER'S RESPITE READ-A-THON WRAP-UP 2016 21.1.16


~
Underway...   Now Completed as of January 24th

Here are this week's Read-a-Thon reading completions :
~
*
Audios completed:
~
 ~

 ~
~
 *

~
~
~
20 pgs of Reading completed
 [plus doing 10 + 11th of the 12 week course]
~
~
Daily Readings

~*~
Find more participants and reading lists to inspire at Seasons of Reading
Thanks for stopping in along your way...
~*~
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


2 comments:

Terra said...

I have been thinking about reading The Artist's Way, and I have the Amazing Grace book. I see we both read Winspeare, a fun series.

Lucy said...

I remember how affected I was by Kathleen Norris's description of her path to becoming a Benedictine Oblate in The Cloister Walk. I learned so much from her and that book played a big part in my making the Liturgy of the Hours, at least regular morning prayer and the office of readings, part of starting my day. She conveyed both the beauty of her relationship to the abbey she often visited and the beauty of the practices for those who might never have that access. Naturally I wanted more of her so-honest, so-perceptive observations, and read Amazing Grace too. Her book on Acedia was terribly frank and helpful, I know, for Christians who experience unnecessary guilt and incomprehension when they hit dry periods or when they feel mired in grief or depression despite the most genuinely committed faith. She is one of the standout voices for anyone attracted to finding the contemplative dimension in their lives. Of course, you know this! Your choice just made me wax enthusiastic and remember fondly her books!

I've only read one Jacqueline Winspear, though I have several waiting for me as e-books. I need to get busy and enjoy them! And I will write my own winter's respite wrap-up this weekend. I'm actually finishing a few books--a readathon first for me! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails