Friday, 13 August 2010
I love summer, and wait anxiously for it every year. So how is it that we have arrived at the hot and humid "Dog Days" of August, and I have not done nearly enough of what I planned to do? I want to pack in as much as I can before snow flies once again.
1. What is the weather like where you live? at this moment a thunderstorm has just spent its fury and is scuttling on its way elsewhere leaving the most amazing violet and blue western sky.
2. Share one thing you love about this time of year. ease, freedom & desire of going where and whenever. [that's contrasting with the winter boots, scarf, mitts, toques, shovel, broom restrictions of winter :(]
3. Share one thing you do NOT love about this time of year. humidity! rare but not appreciated.
4. How will you spend the remaining days leading up to Autumn? soaking up every ray of sunshine possible while reading some sweet len sweet.
5. Share a good summer memory. i shared my lovely daughter's wedding last week friday, [photo bottom of page], so hmmm. ok. taking my mom out to the gardens of the personal care home enjoying outdoor time together and laughing til our stomachs hurt. a very good summer memory ...
What food says SUMMER to you? watermelon, iced tea and bbqs (: thanks for asking !
and now that i've been the rounds of all the other posts, i have to add more ~ saskatoons, corn on the cob of course! rhubarb anything! roll kuchen with the watermelon, and potato salad.
by the length of my list it looks like food says summer to me! but, thankfully, it just looks that way ;)
HUGE thanx to Kate of Katie Blair Designs for the gorgeous cherry tea pitcher pic!
PERFECT illustration for faith, hope & cherrytea wouldn't you say?
Kate's recipe available here with MUCH more for your enjoyment ...