Searching for...

Tuesday 22 July 2014

TUESDAY: BOOK TEASERS and INTROS 22.7.14




Travelling in France today via WWII Army Airforce nurses
featured in the not yet released novel,
IN PERFECT TIME.

Every Tuesday, Dianne hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where she shares the first paragraph or (a few) of a book she’s reading or thinking about reading soon, then invites our participation. Care to join us?

*
Here's mine for today ~

Sisteron, France
August 22,1944

"Vive la France!"  Mellie Blake crossed the sod runway, arms outstretched as if to hug the country...
"Isn't the light exquisite?  Alice shielded her eyes and gazed around.  "The Impressionists said Provence has the best light in the world, and I have to agree.  I can't wait to get out my paints."
Kay didn't know anything about light or paint, but the scenery was gorgeous - the rolling Durance Valley, the mix of golden grasses and deep green trees, and the sudden white of limestone cliffs, one topped by an ancient citadel... "I'm looking forward to Paris."
Captain Maxwell chuckled.  "Never fear.  You'll be shopping on the Champs-Elysees before long."
*
Today's intro from Sarah Sundin's In Perfect Time set to release from Revell on August 5th.  Book 3 of the WWII novel series,
Wings of the Nightingale.

Find the synopsis on
It's Monday's book post here.
Featuring WWII Army Air Force flight nurse, Lt Kay Jobson in her work evacuating wounded and delivering paratroopers and supplies between Italy and France.
Perfect addition to Paris in Julyit arrived in Monday's mailbox!


*
For MizB's Teaser Tuesday from In Perfect Time ~

"Folks back home don't like to see women in danger, and the newspapers smell a story.  The Army's managed to keep them quiet, saying it's in the girls' best interest.  The more of a fuss we make, the more the Germans will be determined to find you.  They know you're out here.  They're looking.  And they don't like to fail."


*

Thanks for joining me today!
I'll look forward to reading your book intros and teasers
of what's grabbing your attention.
I've been focusing my reading on France/Paris/French for
Paris in July 2014.  Today is Tuesday Travels.  You're invited to check out the great participant 
book reviews and posts linked HERE.
*
Enjoy !


My French travels pinned HERE





*


FIND MORE FHC on PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS
*


18 comments:

Harvee said...

Looks like a good one for the July in Paris theme.
Harvee
Book Dilettante

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have been enjoying reading about this era lately....and the setting really intrigues me. Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine: “ KATWALK”

Trish said...

This sounds pretty interesting! Thanks for sharing!
Trish - my teaser

kayerj said...

well it's a beautiful place to begin a story, I'd read on. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

Maya Love said...

I enjoyed the beautiful descriptions in the opener. I would read on.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

This sounds like a fascinating book, especially since it takes place in Paris. I love the descriptions in the opening -- just enough to give the women's impressions without going on and on.
My Teaser is from KEEPING FAITH.

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good. I like this time in history, and having the women be the central characters is interesting. Yes, I would read more.

Unknown said...

I like reading historical fiction, especially WWII. And the mention of 'Germans' in the teaser has sparked my interest.
I haven read only a few books set in France, including A Tale of Two Cities.
Check out my teaser.

Literary Feline said...

I would keep reading. I enjoy reading about this time period and the intro caught my interest.

Sarah (Sarah's Book Shelves) said...

This series sounds a bit like Penny Vincenzi to me! I liked the teaser...

Sarah Sundin said...

Thank you for the feature! While Kay and Roger don't ever get to Paris, they do explore southern France. I was honored to visit Provence while researching this novel, and it was a joy. I can still smell the lavender!

Pooch said...

What a lovely opening though the teaser brings the ominous tone of the story. Enjoy your Paris travels!
:)

fredamans said...

I love Sarah Sundin's stories! I haven't read one in a while though.

Catherine @ Book Club Librarian said...

Thanks for sharing this, Sharon. I'm off to find out more about this new-to-me series. Thanks also for visiting my blog.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I like the intro, but try to avoid this time period lately. Too many novels lately in that time frame. Hope you enjoy it and thanks for joining us this week.

Nise' said...

I want to read this series!

Sarah Mortimer said...

I would read on. I really like WWII based stories.

Tea said...

Can never read enough about WWII.

Related Posts with Thumbnails