I announce it as a random Friday Five. But with a theme: NEW.
1. If you have one, what is your new resolution?
Not one to make resolutions, the one commitment I have made to myself is to freely choose which books I read and when. Intentionally avoiding time constraints of meeting review deadlines and commitments of others. I am choosing to free up my life, avoid self-induced stress [and any other kind if and where possible!], and aim for the most peaceful existence possible.
2. Many folks choose a new word for a year's beginning, as Marci's congregation does with StarWords. Some let their word choose them, like Christine at Abbey of the Arts. Do you have a word for the year?
After my time in the desert this autumn,
I posted an Invitation to discern our 2015 Word as I subscribed to Christine's enotes as well.
The Word for 2015 that chose me is 'peace'.
In depth post to follow...
3. What is your new favorite exclamation/phrase at times of joy or frustration?
Not sure I have one....
4. Do you have a new favourite food, or an old one you are newly enjoying?
Shortbread ! I enjoyed the few samples at Christmas so entirely, I actually went out to specifically purchase all the ingredients to bake my own - as and when a craving should hit! and definitely NOT limited to Christmas :)
5. Finally, in general: what is your new favourite thing?
New Year Blessings to you and yours...