Searching for...

Friday 9 January 2015

FRIDAY FIVES: WHAT'S 'NEW'...? 9.1.15


Random Friday Five: New

by RevGalPal marybethbutler
Happy Friday!
I announce it as a random Friday Five. But with a theme: NEW.
*
1. If you have one, what is your new resolution?

*
    Not one to make resolutions, the one commitment I have made to myself is to freely choose which books I read and when.  Intentionally avoiding time constraints of meeting review deadlines and commitments of others.  I am choosing to free up my life, avoid self-induced stress [and any other kind if and where possible!], and aim for the most peaceful existence possible.

2. Many folks choose a new word for a year's beginning, as Marci's congregation does with StarWords. Some let their word choose them, like Christine at Abbey of the Arts. Do you have a word for the year?
*


After my time in the desert this autumn,
 I posted an Invitation to discern our 2015 Word as I subscribed to Christine's enotes as well.
The Word for 2015 that chose me is 'peace'.
 In depth post to follow...




*
3. What is your new favorite exclamation/phrase at times of joy or frustration?
Not sure I have one....
4. Do you have a new favourite food, or an old one you are newly enjoying?
*

*
Shortbread !  I enjoyed the few samples at Christmas so entirely, I actually went out to specifically purchase all the ingredients to bake my own - as and when a craving should hit!  and definitely NOT limited to Christmas :)
*
5. Finally, in general: what is your new favourite thing?
                  Freedom.  As many of you know, last year was intense on the social justice front including the many prayers requested and received, with the December 1st outcome being dismissal of the perpetrator.  A collective 'sigh' and new sense of my body's  appreciation.  It has begun relaxing since that momentous phone call that allowed me to return to my home.  Yes.  FREEDOM is definitely my new fav thing!!
             
*

Thanks, Marybeth!  I enjoyed the F5's play.
New Year Blessings to you and yours...
and ALL the RevGals!
Find more 'NEW' Friday 5s HERE.

Feel free to share yours here in comments!


*
FIND MORE FHC on PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


1 comment:

LA Botchar said...

I can't decide on just one word, but I read a blog earlier in the week that talked about "Focusing our Lens" and I thought: Wow - that could really apply to me. In terms of life, my writing and of course, my photography.
My fave food right now is chicken noodle soup because I have a cold :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails