Searching for...

Saturday 24 January 2015

#TIMETOREAD: NATIONAL READATHON DAY 24.1.15


*
Today's the day!  Another boost in making #timetoread 
and making some of those long awaited stories finally read !
I chose to participate in LibraryThing's  global version including a worldwide
reading timeframe.  My reading began at 5 pm on Friday and will continue throughout Saturday.
First book on my weekend reading? 
LONDON DAWN, authored by Canadian, Murray Pura.
Concluding the trilogy of The Danforths of Lancashire, this book dealt with the Danforths'
various involvements in the resulting WWII to which book 2 had alluded.
No disappointments here.  Pura's historical research, characters and depictions are
engaging.  Having finished it early this a.m., I remain emotionally invested.
Highly recommended.
*
 
Continuing my reading today , I anticipate another novel or
if my eyes tire, turning on an audio book...
I'll be sure to let you know!
*

Book 2 ?

*

Vanessa Greene's 1st in her teacup series - THE VINTAGE TEACUP CLUB
*

How's your weekend #timetoread shaping up....?

*
Next up - #Winter's Respite Readathon
Jan 26 - Feb 1.15


*
Signups Open 
*
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORYPINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING



1 comment:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Time to refill my gingko stash (for memory). This was on my radar and I just plain forgot! *ARGH*

On the brighter side, that teacup book looks interesting! :O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails