Searching for...

Friday 8 October 2010

yay! friday ...

well, i am now a fully certified leader in Stanford U's "Chronic Illness Self Management Program" !  good worldwide !   and happy to have gone through the excellent program.  i've learned MANY self management tools myself which have already been of benefit while learning.
so now that i'm home i can respond to Singing Owl's Friday Five from Rev Gals.  here's today's prompt ~
Hello everyone! The Canadian geese are excited, forming up and practicing, encouraging each other with honking, the Wisconsin fall color is at peak where I am, and in Kohl's Dept. Store the Christmas decorations are up. Yep, Fall is here. It's my turn to do the Rev Gal Blog Pals Friday Five. It has been a while since we did one of these word association Friday FIves, so here goes, with an autumnal theme. I know, fall is one way on this side of the world and different in other places, but please bear with me as I post words that say FALL--at least where I am.
Give us the the first word that comes to mind (you know how that works, right?) and then add a little something about why, or how or what.
1. Pumpkins ~ PIE !! 
 it's Thanksgiving weekend here
it's ESSENTIAL to this celebration !!


2. Campfire ~ girls -
i have no idea why that popped into my head ;) ?!

3. Apples - golden
one of my favourites :)  golden delicious


4. Color ~ blue 
 is what instantly came to my mind ... 

5. Halloween ~ FuN
 because that's what it was when i was a child - just FuN.  NOT scary!

And since it is REV Gals and their Pals, here is the bonus question, sort of a serious one:
What does the following passage from Daniel 2 make you think about?
"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
Wisdom and power are his...
He changes times and seasons."
it reminds me of the awesome Greatness 
that oversees the world in which i/we live, move and have our being...
the worthiness of praise that God bears...
and the recognition that is due for what we take for granted...
thanks Singing Owl ! 
i enjoyed your excellent and thoughtful prompt ~

2 comments:

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I see that my own F.F. post didn't show up at 4 a.m. as I planned, but 4 p.m. Sigh...just home after a long weekend and reading a few FF offerings. So, were you a Campfire Girl in your young days?? Grin...

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

sometimes i wonder what clock these blogs run on?
hoping your weeknd was at least a break :)
glad yu included FHC in your reading! thx :))
loved the prompt! :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails