Searching for...

Friday 15 February 2013

LENT: 40 Days of Renewal




1. Oddly this year, the second day of Lent was Valentine's Day. 

How was this for you? 

Was Valentine's Day any different being in Lent?
For me, there was an increased gratitude for God's Love,
even an anticipation.  Definite difference in the Love focus.
Reading Ken Wytsma's debut, 'Pursuing Justice', redirected thoughts on Love
with his discussion of our current culture's definition vs Yeshua's example
and call to Love in selflessness...

2. Did you celebrate Mardi Gras/Shrove Tuesday this year?
Any memories of memorable celebrations past?
 I celebrated with a blog post specifically as preparation for Lent
[along with a great pancake recipe!]
Great memories of celebrating - church family working + eating together -
participation!
3. How about Ash Wednesday, past and/or present? 
Providing disabled residents with Ash Wednesday services is a fave memory...

4. Do you have a personal plan of give-ups, take-ons, special ministries,
and/or a special focus for your own spiritual growth between now and Easter?

Giving up distractions to my spiritual focus as learnt HERE
There is a re-awakening to Awe and Wonder of God in my 
spiritual growth that I am pursuing with expectancy!

5. Do you have a book or a website you are reading often during Lent?
 I love Ian Adams' Morning Bell on FB, Ann Voskamp's blog  Holy Experience ,
have joined the Abbey of the Arts Lent photo group on FLickr,
Margaret Feinberg for more on Wonder,
and downloaded a booklet from Michelle DeRusha HERE
w
hile I work at posting my own Lenten journey of Wonder

in photo and quote on Pinterest 

Bonus:  Song, prayer, picture, etc. that sums up your feelings
about this liturgical springtime.

Slice_of_life

Slice of Life }

annnnd



Be blessed in your expectancy !


 

Let us know in comments if you played too!







2 comments:

Susan said...

Hello! Oh yes, lent made Valentine's Day quite different this year. None of the usual yummies.

I try to do more spiritual reading during Lent and also to keep up with the things I've offered to give up.

I don't mention them, though, as somewhere I read that one hand must not know what the other is doing.

Hope your Lent goes well. Susan

river song said...

lovely play; the daisy image is esp gorgeous. Blessed Lent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails