Searching for...

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Armchair BEA Day 2 Discussion: Genre Fiction 29.5.13

Today’s genre focus is on genre fiction! 

Genre fiction is kind of wide category. Genre fiction can take us to places we never imagine, experience scenarios we’ve always dreamed of and open up new worlds to explore.

If you’re a reader of genre fiction, do you have a favourite author or series?
What keeps bringing you back for more? If you don’t read one (or more) of these genres,
what is it that deters you from those sections of the bookstore?
I’m also curious to hear why you think these genres often don’t get the recognition they deserve.

~~~~~~~~~ * ~~~~~~~~~~


A couple genres I'm particularly fond of are mystery -

fave author being Agatha Christie
 newest discovery - Julianna Deering,
Sibella Giorello, Tenya Sharp Ingalls,
{Lorena McCourtney for cozies}
*
Jane Austen variations -
Shannon Winslow for one,
Karen Aminadra, PO Dixon {my Thursday Giveaway author!} Nancy Kelley,
Stephanie Barron, Carrie Bebris, Beth Patillo
and won't mention more as I don't want to miss anyone from my author 'Like' list !
*
historical fiction is another huge like -
Laurie Alice Eakes , Julie Klassen, Murray Pura, Elizabeth Camden, Rosslyn Elliott,
Sarah Ladd, Nancy Herriman
to introduce a few you might like to check into!
*
contemporary chic lit when I need lite reads to refresh
fave author being Victoria Connelly for one
Robin Jones Gunn and Rosamunde Pilcher
*
Why I don't read other genres of fiction?
I have only so much time to invest in reading so I've learned to be selective.
I want reading to remain a pleasure! 
rather than a requirement 
or an assignment !
*
Possibly why they don't get recognition might be personal prejudices.
But I really am not bothered by others' opinions.
If I have a great book on hand or on ereader, I'm a happy woman!
{no matter what someone else's opinion might say about that book} !
*
Wishing you all HapPy Reading moments as often as possible !!
*





1 comment:

Infuse said...

good genre variety and author choices - nice support for the Canadian writers. always good to take reading 'breaks' with the lighter reads :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails