Searching for...

Thursday, 20 June 2013

Audio Book Week: We're Listening ! 20.6.13

We're Listening Day 4 of the Audio Book Week
*

*
hosted at Devourer of Books blog . Our discussion topic today?
*
Today’s prompt:
What do you do while you listen?
Any particular tasks or games that you find amazing for audio time?
*
Despite all the invites to game playing I know I'd be caught up in them 
leaving a lot of other things undone!  I have to astutely avoid them for my own good!
Usually what I do while I listen is drive.  I find listening makes driving relaxing.
The miles fly by and I'm at my destination seemingly in less time.
And I've enjoyed the pleasure of imagining with the story.
*
Listening at home whilst folding laundry, doing laundry, making beds,  meal prep
[if it's a familiar dish not requiring concentration!]
knitting, quilting, creating bracelets or bookmarks, are some tasks that afford easy listening.
*


*
The easiest, of course, is resting somewhere in the world of the story!
*
via
*
What are you up to when audiobook listening?
Care to share?
Find more responses at the Devourer of Books link up
[why not add yours?]
*





Linked to Sarah's weekly Hope in Every Season
Katherine's Favourite Things Thursday

9 comments:

iris said...

hello
j'ai fait une inscription
sur mes lectures
j'espère que c'est comme ça qu'il
faut faire ??,
à bientôt
edith (iris)

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

oui! parfait! =))

Kristin said...

I think if I were to lay in that hammock listening to a book, I'd fall asleep!

I do like that the audiobooks help motivate me to get done some of the tasks I rather not do.

~Kristin @ Always With a Book

Julie S said...

Sounds like we all listen when we drive, and many people listen while doing chores around the house. Yay audiobooks.

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

absolutely!
and being motivated changes everything ;))

Carol said...

I can't rest anywhere and listen to an audiobook - I instantly fall asleep.

Trish said...

I'm like Carol--I don't think I could rest while listening. I also get very restless. But my husband will sometimes listen to his book in bed which means bonus reading time for me! And ditto with the games. I don't even want to think about putting them on my phone. ;)

Michelle (my books. my life.) said...

I am pretty sure I would get lost in that view there. No way I'd be able to pay attention to my book. Lol.

readingdate said...

I wish I was more crafty so I could listen and make something cool to wear!

Related Posts with Thumbnails