Searching for...

Sunday, 2 February 2014

WINTER'S RESPITE / WHAT ARE YOU READING? 2.1.14

Extra Duty Post 
covering Read-a-Thon wrap-up,


Musing Mondays on what I've been reading !
*
*
My final wrap up post for 
Winter's Respite Read-a-thon 
at Michelle's
*
A Winter's Respite Read-a-Thon
 
Have had a busy week writing material for some local 
human rights issues,
then back to the books to keep up my read-a-thon motivation.
Once I commit, I'm into my own 'want to read' stash 
or books for review - which, of course, is great.  
And definitely greater results than randomness for me.
As a result I've completed 1129 book pages this week.
{Don't ask how many dishes washed though} 
*
I'm very pleased Michelle has begun a 4th year of hosting 
her Seasons of Reading read-a-thons.
She excels at it.  Thank you , Michelle!
Here is my final wrap up post ~
*
Final Winter's Respite Read-a-thon Update :


Total books Read:    4 + 35% of one novel +
                        1 daily reading of 1-2 page meditation

  Total Pages Read: 320 for first book
                        352 for 2nd book

                           8 pages of daily read
                        107 pages of Rosamanti
                       342 pages of Pardonable Lies
                    
                      1129  Total pages read Jan 27 - Feb 2.2014

  Books Read : The Headmistress of Rosemere
                 - Sarah E Ladd
                                   
                Shadowed by Grace
                 - Cara Putman

                Reflections for Ragamuffins
                 - Brennan Manning

                Rosamanti - portion 35%
                 - Noelle Clark 

                Pardonable Lies 
                 - Jacqueline Winspear
                                
  Pages Read since last update: 128 today = 1129 pages read total !

* 

For great Read-a-Thon challenges connect with Michelle



 



*
Currently Reading?
Yep - another mystery.  
It's what works well with my brain I guess!
Always love challenges to thinking...
Plus, a real fan of Hamish Macbeth in this #10 
of MC Beaton's series .
{See all my reviews linked in Book Review tab above}

And as I've just completed the Read-a-thon, 
not sure what I'll leap into
following this audiobook choice . . .
Always something to grab my attention!
*
Plus a creative WIP is my
ELUSIVE HOPE Pinterest Board 
of the novel by MaryLu Tyndall 
- swashbuckling pirate author extraordinaire !!
*
How about you?  
What are you reading this 1st February Monday? 

*
Join more book fans at 
Sheila's Book Journey to link your reading.


*




9 comments:

Maree said...

I haven't read any M C Beaton, but I've heard of Hamish McBeth. Happy reading!

Greg said...

Great job on the readathon, that's awesome. I hope to join in another of Michelle's later this year, they're a lot of fun. Happy reading!

gautami tripathy said...

You did awesome reading. Here is to more reading for you....

Here is my post.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

That's a lot of pages in one week! Congratulations!

Here's my It's Monday!

Kathy Martin said...

While I like mysteries, I have never read anything by M. C. Beaton. I'll have to add that author to my list. Come see my Monday Report here. Happy reading!

Leydy @ OUAT said...

You had an amazing read. I hope you enjoy your books this week!

Check out what we are reading this week.

Leydy @OUaT & RCE

Mystica said...

That is an amazing amount of reading! enjoy the week and thanks for visiting my blog.

Laura Fabiani said...

Wow! You did great with your read-a-thon. I'm reading Shadowed by Grace right now and enjoying it.

Michelle Miller said...

Wow! That's a lot of pages read. Great job! And thanks for the shout out. It's still hard to believe it has been four years since I started hosting them.

Hope to see you in the Spring for the next one. =O)

Related Posts with Thumbnails