Searching for...

Thursday 31 July 2014

AUSTEN IN AUGUST 2014 BEGINS! 1.8.14



For all the fans and followers of Jane Austen,
the month of August brings special delight.



Our reading selections take a determined turn in Jane's direction.
From Jane Austen's own writing to biographies about Jane,
and every genre claiming a Jane Austen connection in between.
In the Garden with Jane Austen
Tea With Jane Austen, The Jane Austen Guide to Life,
to The Jane Austen Marriage Manual,
one is sure to find a topic of interest when it comes to choosing 
Jane Austen.

*

Interested readers have until the end of July 31st 
to join the merriment of Austen in August {with giveaways} by
Signing up in comments at Lost Generation Reader.

Then have fun choosing which Jane Austen books 
you're adding to your August reading shelf.

via

I have been collecting Jane's own novels for the past several months in preparation of immersing myself in Austen in August.

My current anticipations?

Dear Mr Knightley by Katherine Reay
Jane Austen's First Love by Syrie James
Accidentally Yours by Robin Helm
Dearest Cousin Jane by Jill Pitkeathley
Longbourn by Jo Baker
Murder in Abbot's Folly by Amy Myers
The Pursuit of Mary Bennet by Pamela Mingle
Austen Country: the life and times of Jane Austen [dvd]
The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things by Paula Byrne
and hopefully, Jane's own, on its 200th anniversary year,
Mansfield Park.

My local library is well stocked with Jane titles,
so I have no fear of running out of options or selections.
Audios, ebooks or paperbacks - all waiting to fill my time!
*
How my reading/listening will shake out remains to be seen...


Have you decided to join Austen in August?
If so, what's on your reading list...?

Looking forward to connecting via tweets
#AusteninAugustLGR


*

556 Jane Austen pins on FHC's Pinterest Board
and always looking out for new additions.

*




FIND MORE FHC on PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS

*


SHARED WITH ~

*Inspire Me Monday *





*


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing list! I love it so much. Longbourn and The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things are also on my list as well. Happy reading to you, and thanks again for joining!

Terra said...

I have recently read five of Jane Austen's books, what a genius of an author she was. I like the theme of Austen in August.

Juli Rahel said...

Oooh, I've got 'Longbourn' and 'The Pursuit of Mary Bennet' on my list as well. I've decided that this year I should try to read some adaptations, because usually I run away screaming when I see them! Hop by my #AusteninAugust Masterpost if you have the time :) Hope you have a good rest of the weekend!
Juli @ Universe in Words

Brona said...

Wow! That's a list!!

I'm keeping it simple this year - focusing on just one book - Sense and Sensibility, but hoping to check out some of it's adaptations (books & movies) too.

Good luck - I look forward to the reviews :-)

Brona said...

PS I (re)read MP last year and ended up adoring it.

Lory said...

Impressive list! I'm trying to read The Real Jane Austen: A Life in Small Things ... one book in a month is about what i can handle right now. I would really love to hear about some worthy sequels/adaptations. I've never found any that satisfied me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails