Searching for...

Monday 11 August 2014

MONDAY READING: AUSTEN IN AUGUST PLUS.... 11.8.14



I luv this reading representation from Sayoor on flickr.
Says 'summer' to this reader!

I am feeling a bit negligent in blogging at the moment
and it's about to grow even more sporadic.
I've been accepted for a certification program
and will hopefully be heading to my course in 3 weeks!
Excitement and anticipation rolled into one...
So, while I'll definitely be reading, the topic will be changing 
to course material.
Def great books ~ just maybe not all my anticipated Austen in August !

As there will be gaps in posting, I wanted you to know all is well,
just some changes in life's trajectory!

What Austen in August have I been reading to this point?
*

I read and loved Beth Patillo's, Mr Darcy Broke My Heart.
Jane Austen discovered during a summer seminar in Oxford and in the contemporary life of an American substitute attendee plus~
what would be the impact of discovering an unpublished Jane Austen manuscript...? 
Fun story makes me want to read another in the set!

*
I made it through the considerable 343 pages of Val McDermid's
contemporized Northanger Abbey of the Austen Project.  Seemed a lot longer - more wordy- than the original and I had to fight to get through it.
Of course I loved the story being set in Scotland!



*
I followed my reading by watching the movie version of Northanger Abbey as written by Jane Austen which was a bit of a headspinning period contrast to the contemporary novel.
Totally enjoyed!

Northanger Abbey is a 2007 British television film adaptation of Jane Austen's gothic parody. It was directed by British television director Jon Jones and the screenplay was written by Andrew Davies.  -Wikipedia
 Initial releaseMarch 25, 2007
Running time120 minutes
                                    ScreenplayAndrew Davies

*
Austenland wouldn't play in either laptop or dvd player ~ sorry to have missed that opp, but I've ordered 2 versions of Mansfield Park
to celebrate it's 200th anniversary for Austen in August!
*

I've begun the audio of Longbourn by Jo Baker
and have to say I'm totally enjoying it!


Insights of below stairs thinking and well drawn imagery
are a fantastic addition to Jane Austen's world of
Pride and Prejudice.
Emma Fielding makes this audio exceedingly pleasurable!
Luving the British accents...
{I'll post a Tuesday Intro and Tuesday Teaser tomorrow}

*
So that's been my week .
What's on your radar?

Find more reading at Sheila's Book Journey
It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
and MizB's ShouldBeReading for Monday Musings
and
more Austen in August!


*









FIND MORE FHC on PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS


*



6 comments:

Lois said...

Austen in August! How fun sounding! Hope you enjoy the rest of the month of reading/listening/watching. :)
http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/08/its-monday-and-im-back-and-reading.html

Unknown said...

Loved your post! Austen is a top favorite author of mine!

Breana M. said...

Austen in August, I would have never thought of that. Wonderful post!

Anonymous said...

Jane Austen <3 Great post! Now i really want to re-read one of her books! Have you read Emma? i loved it for some reason!
:)
Ps: Thanks for visiting my site!

Lucy said...

Congrats and good luck with your certification program! Blessings for your journey as you prepare to help others with theirs! ~lucy

Brona said...

There's an even older BBC production of Northanger Abbey starring Peter Firth which is worth looking out for.
I love it so much I've been reluctant to watch more recent versions :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails