Searching for...

Sunday 28 December 2014

IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING? 29.12.14


Time for
It's Monday!  What Are You Reading?


*

*
I've had a few completions since last posted as I've continued with Michelle
of True Book Addict's Christmas Spirit Challenge [on til Jan 6th]
The Christkindl's Gift by Kathleen Morgan
Dylan Thomas' audio recording of A Child's Christmas in Wales
THe Christmas Gift - gorgeous art and insights by R Kent Hughes
The Twelve Days of CHristmas - beautifully illustrated by Louse Brierley
*

*
The Christmas Child: A Story of Coming Home by Max LUcado
beautiful story [in both book and movie formats]
All available under the above Christmas Spirit tab.
*
Stacy Henrie's debut HOPE RISING was an amazing story of fortitude and beauty
in the midst of WWI turmoil, upheaval and personal loss. 
*

*
Personable characters in 
difficult situations.  Highly recommending this one.
As for book 1, HOPE at DAWN, in the Of Love and War series, .Excellent.
#3 to release in March - Yay! Can.NOT.Wait...
*
Christmas Eve day I had a visit from the postman arriving with a Book gift.
A generous win from friend and indie author, Lucy Pollard-Gott., PhD.
She's written an amazing book on 100 Fictional characters 
who have impacted our lives.  Fictional Characters we all recognize
at the mention of their name, because of that impact.
Some great reading ahead, thanks to Lucy.
What an honour and delight!
*

*

*

*
With gratitude, Lucy!
*
I've been checking into a lot of Reading Challenges offered for 2015
and have made my choices as listed Here.
Some have become new goodreads shelves - definitely makes for easy tracking.
Reading doesn't seem as hard as keeping caught up with the admin of participating!
We'll see how this year unfolds for that issue.  Anyone else struggle with it?
I'm ready for greeting the New Year with my First Book in Sheila's Challenge.
*
Thinking Canadian mystery author, C.C. Benison's Father Christmas book,
will may be my choice.. [but it's huge and I may be choosy about when I want to tackle it].  
I know... I'm a temperamental reader.
*
*
Then a whole week of reading for the Bout of BOoks Challenge Jan 5-11.15.
A lot of library books on standby - loving that challenge - along with Reading  
Around the World and English counties, Women's Fiction, and Agatha Christie,
British Authors and A-Z Authors.
How're your challenges lining up?  
*
Find more Monday Reading at Sheila's BOok Journey for this week.
*
FIND MORE FHC on PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS

*
*
*
SHARED WITH ~

* SMALL VICTORIES SUNDAYS *

* INSPIRE ME MONDAYS *

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I Hope you love it and I maybe I'll see your lovely face around my blog

Katelynn
www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

Kathryn T said...

What a fabulous win. Looks Great. Left you an answer to your question on my blog re changing colours.
I am pretty much finished now with getting organised for reading challenges - yes the organisation for them takes a big time away from reading. All set now though, am entering far more than any other year so will see how I go. Could be totally mad!
Looking forward to the 1st of the Year book meme, so much fun to see what everyone has chosen.

Unknown said...

The Fictional 100 looks like a wonderful gift. Enjoy! Happy New Year!

Yvonne said...

What a nice win! Enjoy the book!

You joined quite a few reading challenges. Good luck with them. I joined a few, too. I cut back a little but there are still a couple I might want to join.

Happy New Year!

Girl Who Reads said...

The reading part is always easy. I find myself falling behind in writing reviews all the time.

Kathy Martin said...

I managed to go the whole season without reading one Christmas book. I am also planning to be challenge-free in 2015. Keeping up with my review books is enough of a challenge for me. You can see my week here. Have a great week and happy new year!

Sharon Galligar Chance said...

Looks like you've had a great season of reading! Happy New Year!

westmetromommy said...

I'm going to look into the Stacie Henry series...they look quite good!

Nise' said...

I just finished my last Christmas book on audio this morning. The Fictional 100 looks like a book I would peruse. Have a great week.

Rambling Woods said...

I wanted to wish you a very Happy Holiday Season..Michelle from Nature Notes

Lindsey said...

The Fictional 100 looks wonderful. It's always fun to think about the stories and characters that we love most.

Stacy Henrie said...

Thanks for the shout-out! So glad you enjoyed HOPE RISING. Only three more months to go until A HOPE REMEMBERED. :)

Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

Lucy is fantastic and I won the kindle version of Fictional 100. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing the link for Small Victories Sunday and hope you join us again this week!

Lucy said...

I am almost at a loss for words!!--but not quite, haha (those who know me are laughing at this!). Thank you so much, Sharon!! And thanks to Tanya, and all who posted such kind words. It was a pleasure to host my first "giveaway" and share the book with you!! So kind of you to post a picture of it. Happy reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails