Searching for...

Sunday 28 June 2015

AUDIOBOOK MONTH | CANADIAN BOOK CHALLENGE | PARIS IN JULY 29.6.15


JUNE IS


~
MONTH !
~
Audiobooks have majored in my weekend featuring not a few rainstorms.
I've been enjoying the focus on audiobooks as I've learned over the years
to find storytellers that bring books to life.
Amanda McKnight is just such an artisan.
Jessica Dotta's Price of Privilege series benefits from Amanda's emotive abilities
to create atmosphere, uniquely characterize antagonists and protagonists,
create settings, and oh, those amazing Brit accents!
~
My treat this weekend was a hoopla streaming of the final in the trilogy,
PRICE OF PRIVILEGE.
Edge of the seat kind of drama and intensity!
Characters who'd revealed themselves in the earlier novels,
now gave their final farewells in multiple ploys and plottings.
Such an amazing story of thought and action, Ms Dotta is a masterful writer.
Have you checked out the series?  Hoopla is available free via your library card.
Can it get easier than that?
~
Well...  maybe having an audio or 2 arrive in my mailbox ?!
This week brought a perfectly timed package direct from the audiobook narrator.
Appreciation to Tanya Eby for selecting an audio she recommended for this mystery fan -
a new to me author and series by Katherine Hall Page set in the English countryside.
You already know I'm scrounging for more listening time, right?
~
~
and I had the pleasure of completing Victoria Connelly's multi-layered English family drama,
THE ROSE GIRLS
narrated with a dramatically characterized cast by Fiona Hardingham.
A definite delight I discovered earlier in my mailbox this audiomonth of June!
~
~
Here are the other audios I've enjoyed during JUNE is AUDIOMONTH :
The Winter Garden Mystery by Carola Dunn
After the War is Over by Jennifer Robson, [Canadian author]
The Rose Girls by Victoria Connelly
Price of Privilege by Jessica Dotta
Boundaries by Drs Townsend and CLoud
Great genre variety of mystery, historical WW1 fiction, contemporary, gothic, and nonfic..
Audio month tracking found HERE
My book and challenge updates are tracked HERE

~

~
Today is the 1st #COLLABOREADS linkup for sharing our JUNE 
R.E.A.D.S Reviews for the NYT Bestseller prompt.
Enjoying the impromptu reading this offers.
JULY's book criteria is "A book with someone's NAME in the title"
I must like the thrill of the chase!  Sounds another fun selection just ahead...
Read my JUNE Review HERE

~*~
Also pleased to have reached and passed the elusive 100 books badge
at the 50 Book Pledge I made originally at TheSavvyReader.  Pledge anytime.
Great graphics to shelve your tbr, current, and completed reads.



~*~
What's up next ?
~
~
The Canadian Book Challenge beginning annually on Canada's Birthday, July 1st !
A reading challenge I've enjoyed about 5 years so far.
Tweet #CanBookChallenge to link your reading.  And watch host John's blog,
BookMineSet , for the signup linky on July 1st for 2015.
I look forward to finding your books in the linkup!

~

Another July Event ?
~
~
Hosted by Tamara in Australia at Thyme-for-Tea
{signups OPEN Now}
Come join the Celebration of all things French, France , Paris !

~
Then, a wee bit further into the month be watching for your signup opp for ~
~
Set your own pace and level of participation.
~*~


Find more books, challenges and the company of
fellow bibliophiles at ~
* Literacy Musing Mondays * Musing Mondays * Book Nook

~*~

HapPy Reading !



~*~

FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING

4 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have some lovely looking books! Enjoy July...and here is what I'm anticipating, but it will be later:
“THE MISTAKE I MADE”

JC Jones said...

Very nice group of books.

Anonymous said...

I recently discovered audiobooks and absolutely loved them. I had started with Ann Granger when I was having some eye problems. Those narrators are brilliant :)

Cyn @ Bookmunchies said...

Oh, I didn't know it was Audiobook month! Haha. I'm happy that I'm getting into more audiobooks (:
Also, I'm a terrible Canadian who's been meaning to try to read more Canadian lit. Good luck with the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by Bookmunchies :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails