Searching for...

Tuesday 9 June 2015

TUESDAY INTROS and TEASERS: THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN 9.6.15




TUESDAY INTROS and TEASERS

today featuring June's ReadaLong at #TraveltheWorldinBooks


~
We begin with the opening paragraph for First Paragraph First Chapter
Tuesday Intros at Diane's Bibliophile by the Sea ~

London, 1913

"It was dark where she was crouched but the little girl did as she'd been told.  The lady had said to wait, it wasn't safe yet, they had to be as quiet as larder mice.  It was a game,
 just like hide-and-seek.
"

~

Then add a Tuesday Teaser at Jenn's A Daily Rhythm . Two sentences from anywhere
in the book.  No plot spoilers.
~
"A moment of suspension and she found herself holding her breath, palms flat beside her, then the boat heaved and pushed itself away from the dock. They were on their way."

~

Shall I keep reading...?

In case you're intrigued and want to read along, 
here's your opportunity.

Details HERE
plus the Goodreads Group HERE

~

Click the host links to find more Tuesday Intros and Teasers
and be sure to add yours.





~*~
Shared with :

* Travel the World in Books * Book Nook * Literacy Musing Mondays * Anything Goes *
* Small Victories Sunday *
~*~

FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


17 comments:

Beth F said...

I've had this one on my list ... now I need to find the time to start reading.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I have been eyeing this one for a while. Love that cover, and now the snippets are drawing me in. Thanks for sharing.

Here's mine: “THE CRY”

Literary Feline said...

I started this one, but couldn't get into it. Someday I would like to try again.

Mel said...

Ooo...great teaser! Already on my TBR list, but this might have bumped it up!

Greg said...

Hmm, I wonder where they're going. It already has me curious... and the I like that cover a lot.

Kay said...

I read another book by this author and enjoyed it, The Distant Hours (think that was it). I keep meaning to read her other books. This one sounds lovely. And yes, I'd continue.

JoAnn said...

I listened to this book several years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, so I say you should continue :)

fredamans said...

Very intriguing teaser. Sounds like a good read.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful cover. The opening makes me wonder what's happening and why the little girl has to hide. I'd keep reading to find out more!
My Tuesday post features The Chair.

Girl Who Reads said...

I do want to know why the child has to hid. Girl Who Reads

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Oh, yes, it's been on mt TBR list for a while -- like the intro a lot.

Nise' said...

After reading a couple this author's books, I grabbed this one and have yet to read it. Enjoy.

Lucy said...

I'm really enjoying this one--it's by the computer and open in front of me now, as it happens! The rest of the book lives up to this very promising and intriguing first paragraph. I love how logically the three time periods revolve around each other in this tightly crafted narrative.

Sue from Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond said...

What a great idea and I am intrigued to read further. Thank you for sharing with us at #AnythingGoes link up. I wonder what next week's will be?

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

I have this one in my home library but have yet to read it. This post was a reminder that I have such good books in my possession that I should make time to read. :-)

Sandy Sandmeyer said...

Thank you for sharing at the #AnythingGoes Link Party.

Unknown said...

Putting this one on my list to read...Thanks for sharing at #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup ...I've pinned your post... hope you join us again this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails