Searching for...

Monday 7 September 2015

LABOUR DAY WEEKEND READING: BOOK BUDDY READATHON + RIP MYSTERY CHALLENGE 7.9.15


Holiday Monday! 
Perfect day to....
 *
~
Which I will be getting right back to once this posts !
What am I reading?
Mysteries for the most part posting HERE
Participating in the tenth RIP Challenge  running to Oct 31st.
I've finished the commitment to 4 books at this point -
#1st :  SUSPICION AT SANDITON by Carrie Bebris [gothic]
Completed Sept 1.15
#2 now reading: SHADOWS OF LADENBROOKE MANOR by Melanie Dobson [mystery]
Completed Sept 2.15
#3 The UNEXPECTED GUEST by Agatha Christie
[thriller - novelized by Charles Osborne]

Completed Sept 5.15
[an unexpected used bookstore find while on this long holiday holiday]
#4 A WEE MURDER IN MY SHOP by Fran Stewart [paranormal mystery]
Completed Sept 7.15

Plus, I watched PD James' DEATH COMES TO PEMBERLEY
~
~
Several options for the Short Story category :
I picked out one Sherlock Holmes at the library, found another at a used bookstore and 
have audios of both Holmes and Agatha Christie 's waiting for my time.
~*~
UP NEXT ??
~
A new to me readathon by these 2 fun Brit book tubers , Elena and Sam from Cold Tea and Scones
Offering readers a week of #BookBuddyAThon - team reading.
THE CHALLENGE:
              1) Choose three books and get your buddy to pick 
​one for you to read.
​My 3 title options:
The Book Lovers by Victoria Connelly
The Body in the Belfry by Katherine Hall Page
Evan Blessed by Rhys Bowen
Soooo - which one will it be?
*
2) Buddy read a book with your buddy.
​ ?  ideas​ you might like to readalong?

I'd love to co-read LONDON TIDES !
How about you?  What are your book options?
*

3) Read a book with your buddy's favourite colour on cover.
[ blue is my fav]​
*

4) Read a book your buddy gave 5 stars.
*

5) Read a book that you want to... just because.
​  [always :)​ ]
Maybe I'll end up reading London Tides for this category :)
*
Looking forward to hearing your suggestions 
And if you'd like to buddy read, just let me know!
Sept 7th to 13th
Use the hashtag to keep up with the other buddies and social media:
Twitter: @robertson_elena
Goodreads  and  Instagram: EReadsBooks
Further social media challenges happening HERE
~*~
And what is happening in your reading world?
~
~
My sentiments exactly !
~*~
More Reading Connxns at:
* Musing Mondays * Literacy Musing Mondays * Inspire Me Monday *
~*~
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


2 comments:

Mary Hill said...

Reading with friends is always fun. Thanks for sharing on Literacy Musing Mondays. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am such a loner reader that I would never have thought of such a way to share books! I get the recommendations of other readers off of the internet linking blogs or Goodreads and such, but this sounds like fun! Thanks.
Visiting from Mary's, ~ linda

Related Posts with Thumbnails