Searching for...

Thursday 12 May 2016

BOOK BEGINNINGS: BRIDE OF A DISTANT ISLE by SANDRA BYRD 12.5.16


FRIDAY BOOK BEGINNINGS

featuring today's choice

BRIDE OF A DISTANT ISLE
~
BRIDE OF A DISTANT ISLE
Daughters of Hampshire: Book 2
Author Sandra Byrd
Published by Howard Books/Simon&Schuster
Released March 2016
 NEAR MILFORD ON SEA, HAMPSHIRE, ENGLAND
MAY 1851

I had no warning before evil befell me.
I'd forgotten how the sea around Highcliffe relentlessly pounds the land, undermining it so fiercely that the earth quickens, churns, and slips: the breakers smother all sound,
throwing off thickly salted mist that clouds vision like a cataract.  For this reason, I had no signal that someone was approaching.  Instead, I suddenly felt his breath curdling in my ear.
The whispering started...

~*~

Atmospheric, poetic writing, I anticipate exceptional reading
of this second historical novel of the Hampshire series.
Sandra Byrd is a word artist I particularly enjoy.
A dark beginning, I'm looking for undivided time to get into this story ...

~*~
Join us for Book Beginnings on Fridays with host Gilion.
 Post the first sentence [or so] of your current read,
including author, and title.
Any first impressions or thoughts also welcome.
Link this week's post HERE at
Rose City Reader - tweeting? use #bookbeginnings
~*~
SHARING WITH ~

| BOOK NOOK |


~*~
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING | Follow |


5 comments:

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I am intrigued by the topic but not sure if I would pick up the book without an intro like this one. Thank you.
My Friday Quotes from Salt to the Sea

Bev Bouwer said...

You have a delightful blog, and I think you're right - this looks like a beautiful read. Enjoy. Here's my Friday Book

sherry fundin said...

I have to be in the right mood for historical novels, but do enjoy them. Hope this is a good read for you.
sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

Maria said...

Great beginning - I can just see what's been described in my mind - makes me think about turbulent sea travels and definitely turbulent times. Here's my Friday meme

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

I misread the title as, "Bride of a Distant Wife", and I was going..."What???" Time for more coffee or a nap, that's for sure!

It does sound like a lovely book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails