Searching for...

Monday 16 May 2016

IT'S MONDAY! WHAT ARE YOU READING? 16.5.16


IT's MONDAY!

WHAT ARE YOU READING?
~
~
Joining Kathryn at The BOOK DATE for a weekly reading catchup...
Busy past week with the UK hosted Book Buddyathon - reading with a partner
combined with the 16th Bout of Books Readathon
and
my Armchair Book Expo posts for book bloggers at home.

Great reading and posting throughout the week - hoping you were part of the FuN!
~*~
My reading this week included:

4 novels, 3 audiobooks, and 4 short stories that concluded an audio collection.
*
WHAT HAPPENED ON BEALE STREET by Mary Ellis
a new to me author and mystery series.
Dual stories of the partners in crime were unique and really enjoyed.
~

*
DAUGHTER OF MINE by Laura Fabiani
~
~
New to me as Canadian author , Laura has been a fellow blogger on these Monday posts for several years.
Her novel, set in Italy, is dynamic. Highly recommended.
*
RAW EDGES by Sandra Bricker
Part of the Quilts of Love series, focused on ovarian cancer and written by a survivor.
~
*
JOURNEY TO MUNICH - newest Maisie Dobbs #12
by Jacqueline Winspear 
~

Maisie is back from her melancholic journey ofdespair and grieving
with some tense moments in this newest adventure.
Ending the book with anticipation for re-establishment of her investigation office and re-uniting of staff.
*
Audiobooks :
PERSUASION by Jane Austen
A much enjoyed classic

*

RULES FOR A SUCCESSFUL BOOK CLUB by another British author, Victoria Connelly
Newest addition to the Book Lovers series featuring bookstore owners, the Nightingale family.
*
A LADY OF WILLOWGROVE HALL by Sarah E Ladd
Audio listen of a previous read inspired by her new release
DAWN AT EMBERWILDE - both set in England - excellent suspense 
and storytelling much enjoyed.
*
3 Short Stories completed my audio listen of
THREE BLIND MICE by Agatha Christie
as May is Short Story Month
*

UPCOMING?

SAVE THE DATE THURSDAY MAY 19th

OPEN INVITATION 
to join author Hillary Manton Lodge
TWO BLUE DOORS series - TOGETHER AT THE TABLE Fantastic newest release as of May 3rd

Hosting an online movie viewing of CHOCOLAT
Join the FuN FB evening together online -
Time to Plan your snacks :)

*
A free reading week ending in the
Clean Sweep ARC 24 hr READATHON
on Saturday May 21st.

Also the date of the NATIONAL READATHON DAY.

Will you be reading?

* * *

Shared With ~
| Book Blog Discussions | Book Nook |





~*~
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING | Follow |


2 comments:

Kathryn T said...

The quilt story sounds good I took a look on Goodreads and put #1 into my list. I see all different authors so I guess I could read this one first anyway. The movie sounds fun, I went to the theatre to see that one. Will have to look up the time of it.

Martha Eskuchen said...

Nice grouping of books. I need to start putting the book "events" on my calendar. I could have picked a Short Story collection from my TBR to read in May. Three Blind Mice is a great choice! I love books that include bookstores. :-)
The Maisie Dobbs series looks good to me and Raw Edges strikes a chord.
I hope you are enjoying your reading!
Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails