Searching for...

Thursday 19 August 2010

Husqvarna Viking s21 serger contest ...

for you, the viewers' sake, i'll include the following so you get the gist of what this post is about !
i  know it's out of the ordinary for me.  i'm entering a contest to win a fab Husqvarna Viking s21 serger
and they want entrants to 'Give us your best, most creative thoughts on your blog'.  so here goes mine ;)

[How to Enter the Contest ~ (PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY!)
Answer this question: How would your life be better with a serger?
(Or: How your life would be better with a new serger, if you currently have something you’d love to replace.) Give us your best, most creative thoughts on your blog ..]


I've managed to nab Betty Hutton to put my answer into song for you.  sit back, relax, here goes ...


i've included the words to the song below so you'll understand the seriousness of my situation...
while the sewing machine has been this 'girl's best friend', 'a friend in need' and 'my pride and joy', all the bobbin, peddlin and wheelin is exhaustin'!  everything takes unending lengths of time to stitch by machine, so that by night i feel 'too weary to go out to play, to dance or romance'!  and i haven't even mentioned 'And that's the end of Jim'!  i'll leave that part to your imagination!  'Cause by night I get so weary I don't even look good to him '!   but i'm sure you've got the picture alright.  all work and no play makes this jane a very dull girl!

now with that GorGeouS Husqvarna Viking s21 serger ...
weariness would dissolve in the brevity of time 'til project completion!  the pleasure of planning and preparation would reappear!  i would be out shopping for MORE fabric to keep up with the creativity i'd be expressing with all the EXTRA available time!   i would once again enjoy dreaming and waking from slumber rather than sewing nightmares!!  
weariness would take flight as my spirit would gain wings in play, dance and romance!  my looks would be sure to return :) and i'd return from dullness to brilliance in no time!
dare i say it?  we might even see a return of Jim !!..

and you have the very real opportunity to be responsible for all this goodness!  yes!  lifechanging goodness! 
from weary to whoopee!  from dreary to debonaire! 
just by delivering me from sewing machine to serger!  you're the very ones offered that privilege! 
imagine what good you can do with that power!.. 
and thank you for making that delightful decision on my behalf !

Sewing Machine Song

Ohhh the sewing machine, the sewing machine
A girl's best friend
If I didn't have my sewing machine
I'd a come to no good end
But a bobbin a bobbin and peddle a peddle
And wheel the wheel by day
So by night I feel so weary that I never get out to play


Ohhh the sewing machine, the sewing machine
A friend in need
If I didn't having my sewing machine
A wicked life I'd lead
But a bobbin a bobbin and peddle a peddle
And dream about romance
So by night I feel so weary that I never get out to dance


Ohhh the sewing machine, the sewing machine
Me pride and joy
If I didn't having me sewing machine
I'd a married James McCoy
But a bobbin a bobbin and peddle a peddle
And that's the end of Jim
'Cause by night I get so weary I don't even look good to him !


2 comments:

Becky Ramsey said...

Becky Ramsey said...
LOVE this! I hope you win!
I thoroughly enjoyed the song!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

faith hope & cherrytea said...
thank you Becky! i love your inspiriting ;)
and i do love your flutterby !! gorgeous ~

Related Posts with Thumbnails