Searching for...

Sunday 21 April 2013

Fourth Sunday of Easter 4.21.13

I Am the good shepherd, says the Lord;
I know my own and my own know me.
John 10.14



Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.


The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], 
I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures;
He leads me beside the still and restful waters.




He refreshes and restores my life (my self); 
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
[uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but]
for His name’s sake.



Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide],
they comfort me.



You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me
all the days of my life,
and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence]
shall be my dwelling place.

Amplified via Bible




O God of Peace,
Who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus Christ,
that great shepherd of the sheep,
by the blood of the eternal covenant,
make us perfect in every good work to do your will,
and work in us that which is well-pleasing in Your sight;
through Jesus Christ the Messiah Yeshua.
Amen




Readings:
{click reference to link directly to scripture}
Halleluyah!
{a command in the plural, 
"Praise Yah!" which is a name of God}


Prayers ~
God of loving care,
You spread before us the table of Life,
and give us the cup of Salvation to drink.
You annoint us with the oil of Your Holy Spirit,
that we may be refreshed and enabled to run the course of life
in fellowship with You.
Keep us always in the fold of Your Son Yeshua Jesus the Christ,
our Saviour and our Shepherd.
Redeemed by the blood of Your Son,
keep us in Your eternal kingdom
where there is one flock and one Shepherd.
We ask this in the name of Yeshua Jesus Christ the risen Lord.
Amen







1 comment:

Ricki Treleaven said...

{almost} like being in church....staying home today since Shelley has a really bad cold and Trip has been so ill.

Lovely post! I enjoyed the scripture.

xo,
RJ

Related Posts with Thumbnails