Searching for...

Thursday 13 March 2014

LENT: Day 9 Chronos Kairos [ TIME ] 13.3.14

TIME
Beyond our limited experience of chronos 
[ chronological sequential time - in the course of time ]
lies the vast dimension of kairos
[ the opportune time ]
Evidence of God's involvement is found in each .
In the continuation of time.
And the unexpected.  The gifted moments ...
when God invades the chronos with the kairos ~

*

source
*
TIME ~ One of God's gifted resources at our hand ~ 
Author, Lacy C Ellman, PILGRIM PRINCIPLES, challenged me to see
time in abundance
rather than the limited vision I so often use when viewing time.
My exploration has yielded more than I expected - a perk of Lent !

{Another perk ~ Lacy is offering }
*
A GIFT FOR YOU! *
"I wanted to invite you in on the celebration too, so for a limited time I've discounted the Kindle edition of Pilgrim PrinciplesThrough 12am EST on Tuesday, March 18th, you can buy the Kindle edition of 
Pilgrim Principles now for just $4.99
*

Now, back to exploring Time ~

Genesis 8:22
So long as the earth exists, sowing time and harvest, cold and heat,
summer and winter, and day and night will not cease.






Is anything too hard for Adonai?
At the time set for it, at this season next year, I will return to you;
and Sarah will have a son.
Exodus 9:5
Adonai determined the exact time by saying, 

“Tomorrow Adonai will do this in the land.”
Nahum 1:7
Adonai is good, a stronghold in time of trouble; 

he takes care of those who take refuge in him.
Habakkuk 2:3
For the vision is meant for its appointed time;
it speaks of the end, and it does not lie. It may take a while, but wait for it;
it will surely come, it will not delay.

Song of Solomon 2:11-13


For you see that the winter has passed, 
the rain is finished and gone,the flowers are appearing in the countryside,the time has come for [the birds] to sing, and the cooing of doves can be heard in the land.The fig trees are forming their unripe figs,and the grapevines in bloom give out their perfume.Get up, my love, my beauty!  Come away!”


Ecclesiastes 3:1-9

For everything there is a season,
right time for every intention under heaven —
 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 a time to throw stones and a time to gather stones,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to discard,
 a time to tear and a time to sew,
a time to keep silent and a time to speak,
 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:17
I said to myself, “The righteous and the wicked God will judge, 
because there is a right time for every intention and for every action.”

Daniel 9:20-22

 While I was speaking, praying, confessing my own sin
and the sin of my people Isra’el, and pleading before Adonai my God
...
 yes, while I was speaking in prayer, the man Gavri’el,
whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning,
swooped down on me in full flight at about the time of the evening sacrifice,
 and explained things to me.
He said, “I have come now, Dani’el, to enable you to understand this vision clearly.




*
 Divine intervention ~ Kairos moments...
How grateful I am for the assurances of continuity
and surprises of interruption!
So much yet to explore and yet, so numerous our life experiences 
of chronos and kairos time, when we live aware with intention and gratitude.


*

I hope you've enjoyed this taster to inspire further thought of God's gift of time... 

*
Joining Lisa and Jacqui  and . . . you?
Please Link your Lent posts with those already in the linky connections
and pop round to visit and companion each other on this journey !




*
Find and follow FHC online:
@_eHope * Goodreads * Facebook Pinterest
*

*

Sharing with ~

* #HearItUseIt *

* Faith Filled Fridays *

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you invited me to share your devotional here - LOVED all the scriptures and the connection of the two Greek words - just beautiful! Blessed my spirit and truly chewing on the meat to ponder here. Something of poetry in the two words, how they sound together. How the meaning of one, enlarges the meaning of the other. Ah! Treasuring this morsel in the cloister of my soul. Thanks so much for posting!

I re-posted my account of Patrick you might enjoy, too! http://www.thewritersreverie.com/2014/03/st-patrick-a-story-worth-telling-again.html

Joy!
Kathy

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Many thanks, Kathryn, for sharing your kind thoughts. I'd love to have your link added so we all can be inspirited with challenging thoughts and companion each other on this journey. Welcome ~ whether 1 post or many...

Kiittäkää Aina ja Kaikesta said...

Beautiful post! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us. And time is so important and it's all in His hands.

Unknown said...

God invades, indeed. Thanks for the reminder. Visiting from Hear It, Use it today and you gave me something I can use. Thank you.

Lisa said...

Wise counsel to read Buechner and Chesterton. Love these quotes, and Bible verses of course.

Related Posts with Thumbnails