Searching for...

Monday 2 November 2015

FIRST MONDAY READING : NOVEMBER 2.11.15


First MONDAY READING for NOVEMBER
I've enjoyed my travels during October's Travel the World in Books Readathon
~
My Readathon wrap up :

~
At this point, my complete Travel the World travels are Listed HERE
and 15 countries and regions read and  Mapped HERE - a fun experience in itself!
Countries visited?
Austria, Belgium, Prairies of Central Canada, Quebec Canada, Ceylon,
Cornwall England, London England, Medieval England,
Paris France, Village St Paul France, Italy, Ukraine, United States, Venezuela, Wales
I did as many mini challenges as I could with minimal internet access.  Still hoping to
get in at least one more before week's end...
More wrapups HERE.  Well done hosts TanyaBecca, Lucy and Aloi !

~*~

Currently Reading:

2*
~
Eighteen stories in Gabrielle Roy’s Street of Riches centre upon the bittersweet experiences of a young girl growing up in the francophone community of St. Boniface, Manitoba, on the Canadian Prairies. In the persona of her narrator Christine, Roy transfigures the incidents and characters of her own childhood, reflecting with gentle irony upon her youthful awakening to the beauty and the sorrow of life. Acclaimed upon its original publication in French in 1955, this superb collection infuses the authenticity of memoir with the timeliness and universality of the best imaginative art.

Street of Riches won the Governor General’s Award for 1957.
~
*
Seminal book on the subject of creativity. An invaluable guide and a 12 week course to living the artist’s life [wherever you are in the world]. Still as vital today, a provocative and inspiring work. In a new introduction to the book, Julia Cameron reflects upon the impact of The Artist’s Way and describes the work she has done during the last decade and the new insights into the creative process that she has gained. Updated and expanded, this anniversary edition reframes
The Artist’s Way for a new century.
 
I'm appreciating the reading and am now following the course.  We'll see how I do... 


~*~

Both choices are perfect reading to companion
November's NonFic 
Reading Challenge

~*~
~

~
Our October Readathon hosts are up to another month  of
Challenge joining with Non fiction November
hosted by KimLeslieKatie  and Becca .
~
~
Join Here and check out the Calendar of Events

~
~
Anticipating some mood setting with Christmas Reading -
Thanks to Michelle at Seasons of Reading !
Be watching for signups to open soon...
~*~
I look forward to hearing about your week's reading !
Thanks for stopping in and keeping in touch here at FHC !
~*~
Shared With:
Mary at Literacy Musing Mondays
~*~
FIND MORE FHC on BOOK DEPOSITORY | PINTEREST | TWITTER | GOOGLE+ | GOODREADS | FACEBOOK | NETWORKED BLOGS | LIBRARYTHING


3 comments:

Terra said...

I have been meaning to read The Artist's Way for quite a while, thanks for the reminder.

Kathryn T said...

Hello! I just took a look at your reading map - very impressive, you sure have read so much right around the world. I have been keeping a google map too this year but not for a challenge.

I've read Julia Cameron's book and liked it, but didn't really do it justice. But I did like ideas like have a creative visit somewhere each week, such a good idea although again I didn't last long!!

Lucy said...

I know I would like to read more by Gabrielle Roy, especially this one. Thanks for your presence in the TTWIB Readathon and I look forward to seeing you in the Christmas Spirit fest in a few weeks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails